Friday 4 January 2008

New year, more mountains

At this time of year, many of us make new year resolutions. And many of us forget them within a month!

So how can we keep on track? One of the most tried and tested methods is to keep a diary or a journal. I started writing a daily diary in 1977 - and I'm still going! It's been so helpful in forcing me to reflect on the day, to think about what I'm going to be doing the next day, and to remind myself of those changes I want in my life- those resolutions I made.

Maybe a daily diary is a bit daunting. But how about a journal you keep with you and jot down your thoughts on an occasional basis? Just list 3 or 4 things you want to do this year, maybe a few things you want to change. Keep the journal with you, or next to your bed and remember to look back at it as you write in new stuff.

There will be more mountains for all of us this year. New challenges, good and bad. Times we have to push on through. Times we have to force ourselves to the top of the mountain. Enjoy the climb!

No comments: