Tuesday 29 January 2008

Leona

I remember writing on these pages a year back that I thought Leona Lewis would be something of a star- which can't be said of most of the X Factor/Pop Idol talent show winners (remember the MacDonald Brothers anyone?!)

Well, I've been listening to her first album 'Spirit', (yes I know I'm sad) borrowed from my daughter, and I think it's great. She has an amazing voice. Interestingly she also seems to have a Christian faith. The first 'thank-you' at the end of the album notes reads 'Thank you to God for all of the blessings you have given me and for the opportunity and gift of singing and song. Thank you for the love, comfort and strength you have given me.'

In addition, one of the tracks is called 'Footprints in the Sand', based on, I guess, the Christian poem. Intriguingly that particular track is co-written by Simon Cowell, and the only one that is. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Leona has the most incredible voice but I have heard, on the grapevine, that Rhydian and Same Difference from this years show were also Christians - its amazing how many brothers and sisters in Christ appear on these shows!

Ralph Turner said...

Well, on the basis Same Difference couldn't stop smiling, they were either Christians or smoking something!