Tuesday 22 January 2008

Ice Cold in..... St Pancras!

I met a couple of old friends at the new Champagne Bar at St Pancras Station last night. Not only can it claim to be the longest champagne bar in Europe, I think it can also claim to be the coldest!

In fact, here's a money saving tip to the owners- don't bother to put the champagne bottle in a bucket of ice, just leave it on the table- it will be colder still!

Despite the temperature (the bar is in the open station area, hence the coldness) the bar was full. Needless to say, everyone kept their coats on! I enjoyed it, and am sure I will go back again. July time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was as delighful and pleasant an evening as it was cold!I was one of the friends and it was so nice to catch up with Ralph and to meet up with the other 'old' friend who I had not seen for 10 years or so. I look forward to the next visit to the champagne bar in July!