Thursday 2 May 2013

Dear BT (Part 3)

Dear BT (Part 3)……. Dear Caroline, thanks for the Facebook message asking how we got on yesterday with BT. It is becoming a bit of a soap opera isn’t it?

I was out yesterday when Sam called. (Yes, he has a definite name now). Roh took the call. In fact he’s not called ‘Sam’, he’s called ‘that incredibly nice man called Sam’. He charmed the socks off my wife. So long as it’s only the socks.

So, having exchanged recipes’ and holiday photos, Sam took Roh through what was now planned…. The old order is cancelled and the new one in place. We have been put on the urgent list, so we can expect a BT man in 10 days. (If he turns up of course: One cancellation and one no-show and counting....). I wonder what dictionary the incredibly-nice-man-Sam uses? Ten days?! Urgent means one or two days, a week at the most. Ah well, we’ve been this far on the journey. What’s another 10 days when you originally asked BT to switch to them nearly 6 weeks ago?

One more problem for incredibly-nice-man-Sam to solve though… I have an email from BT saying to return the hardware they sent as I had now cancelled my order. And then I got another saying they would be sending my new hardware next week. So, incredibly-nice-man-Sam, in case you are reading this, how about we call it quits and I keep the one you sent with the first order and you cancel the hardware on the second order? (What’s the betting that’s not possible?!)

Finally Caroline, I wonder whether you would be good enough to take Roh for a coffee. Simple message. Husband good. Toy boy not good. :-)

No comments: