Tuesday 12 May 2009

Auntie Beeb's Visit

On Sunday 31st May at 10.00am, BBC1 are broadcasting live from our church at KingsGate. I’m in the choir and possibly doing one or two other things, so great anticipation at the moment.

We’ve been singled out for this ‘Pentecost Sunday’ live service due to our growth as a church I guess. When Roh and I first pitched up about 8 years ago, there were about 350 of us. Today it’s around 1,500 to 1,800 on an average Sunday.

Why is that? I know that many of my business and pension friends check in to these pages, so let me first of all say, I’m not intending to upset anyone- but maybe challenge you a bit! For me, the ‘why is that’ is all to do with the fact Jesus is real. He really did die on a cross, rise from the dead and is still changing lives today. Tune in to BBC1 on the 31st and see what I mean. So long as I don’t forget the words, trip up, do anything silly……

No comments: