Monday 17 November 2008

Praise You in the Storm

A couple of months back, I had the privilege of speaking at KingsGate Church, my home church in Peterborough. As part of my talk, I used a short dvd of a song. A number of people have asked me what the song was and whether there was access to the dvd presentation. The link is below.

The song, ‘Praise You in the Storm’ by Casting Crowns, became very precious to me over a three year period. It was a period of turmoil in my life with two redundancies. Plus I turned 50. This was something of a shock! I coped with turning 40 without a problem but 50 was something else!

I determined that age would not be a barrier to life (and this blog was one of the results- the blog address refers to the mountains I intend to climb in my 50’s and beyond.)

Back to the song. In the hard times, the words expressed so well where I was at. Some times all I could do was sing the first verse- it just felt like it was still raining, so many things unresolved. Other times I reached the chorus- I can be thankful, even in the storm!

Enjoy the song.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ralph,
have been meaning to write on your blog for ages now. FINALLY I am. Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed your book God-Life. Hope many others will find much hope and comfort through your book.
And thanks so much for the tickets to Sigur Ros... I enjoyed that too :-)
see you soon
Zan

Ralph Turner said...

Thanks for the comments Zan- glad you enjoyed Sigur Ros!