Wednesday 16 July 2008

Chariots of Fire?

One of the funnier moments at the conference last week was when I decided to go out running. I ran from the centre of Brighton up to the Marina and back. It was a lovely afternoon, the sun was shining- and I felt good! In fact I felt strong and healthy.

I noticed that I seemed to be running faster than usual. There was a spring in my step. I complimented myself on my fitness. The theme tune from ‘Chariots of Fire’ was running in my head….

Having stopped to look around the Marina, I started to run back. I could hardly move forward! The strength of the wind was such that it was all I could do to walk into it.

I had totally missed the fact that the wind was pushing me along on the first leg. My feeling fit was nothing more than a wind assisted run. The Chariots of Fire theme tune has been relegated to the back of the mind again!

No comments: