Monday 9 June 2008

Living above the clouds

A stressful day and a glorious day. I was over in Munich, undergoing three interviews for a job I may or may not want- and may or may not be offered! It was a gloriously hot day, so despite the stress levels, I couldn't but enjoy it!

Coming back on the plane, the sun was shining in through the window most of the way. As the plane went through a cloud, it caught the suns rays in a hundred different colours.

The Psalmist says (Psalm 139, Amplified Bible) God has embroidered our lives in various colours- I caught a glimpse of some of them today.

I got home and went running round the lake- a good stress reliever! The sun had gone down but was still casting light on the horizon, causing the clouds to turn beautiful shades of red and gold.

Solomon was having a bad day when he wrote in the Bible 'there is nothing new under the sun' He's right of course- if we choose to live under the sun! But I chose to live above it- or at least above the clouds!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Praying for you and your family and that God can bring you to know the right job he has for you!

Ralph Turner said...

Thanks Holli- appreciate the prayers!