Thursday 26 June 2008

How the mighty have fallen

I’ve just walked from Baker Street tube station to Manchester Square for the last time. Or at least for the last time to the ICI Head Office. The office closes this weekend and I’m redundant from today.

I’m not sure the new Dutch owners have done a very good job of managing the acquisition, but I wish them well. For me it’s been a frustrating job, joining just 18 months ago. The clouds of being bought as a company gathered soon after my arrival and any worthwhile work stopped soon after.

I’m sure I’ll find another job, though I could have done without this after such a short time! What I will miss most is what I always miss on a job move- the people. Now scattered to the four corners of the job market, I hope to keep in touch with my former ICI colleagues.

ICI, once the ‘bellwether’ of British industry. How the mighty have fallen.

No comments: