Saturday 19 April 2008

Peak District beauty


One of my birthday presents from Roh was a new pair of walking boots- my previous pair had been bought when I was still a boy scout and were actually 35 years old! They knew how to make boots back then!

Anyway, last week I enjoyed two days in the Peak District with Roh, walking down Dovedale and Wolfcote Dale, trying out the new boots. What beauty! It was a cold couple of days and the weather changes from sunshine to hail and back again pretty quickly. The Peak District looks to be a couple of weeks behind Peterborough in the arrival of spring, so the wild daffodils were just opening, and buds were on the trees.

I'm not much of a bird watcher, but we also saw a Dipper, quite an amazing bird with a flight and speed not far away from a hummingbird.

It's such a long time since Roh and I have done any serious walking. I think this may be the first of many adventures with the new boots!

No comments: