Monday 7 April 2008

Necker Island

Amazing. I still can't quite believe it. In fact when the phone call came in, as it was April 1st, I thought it was an 'April Fool'- but it wasn't.

I'm a 'gold frequent flyer' with Virgin Atlantic and as such, am entered into an annual prize draw. And out of 4,500 others, I was picked out.

The prize? An all expenses paid week for two on Richard Branson's private island in the Caribbean, plus first class flights there and back. The island is called Necker Island and it's part of (of course) the Virgin Islands. We go at the end of September.

It's our 30th wedding anniversary this year, and I can't think of a better way of celebrating. I know we have a lot of friends praying for us right now, for a new job, due to redundancy. As one of our friends said the other day- this is God's way of saying 'chill- enjoy the break - I'm in charge!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This couldn't have happened to a nicer person! Congratulations Ralph, enjoy every moment of it with your lovely wife!
When you start your new job (and you will as God is faithful) and you can't get annual leave for the end of September, just shout and I'll happily carry Roh's bags!!
Sue O'Dell