Friday 12 January 2007

Lists

Have you ever noticed how much men like lists? And it really does seem to be a man thing. Maybe they are out there, but I have yet to meet a woman who loves making lists. They may have to, but they don't want to. Men on the other hand, have a fascination with the top ten of everything. A whole magazine industry has been born off the back of it- your top ten women, top ten holiday resorts, worst pop records of all time, ten things to do before you die.... and so on.

I have to admit I'm one of them. A man yes, but also a list maker. I was making lists while I was still in shorts! I had my own alternative top 20 to the one on Radio 1. And I used to keep up the revised list on a weekly basis. OK, so maybe I'm a bit sad....

One list I still keep, at least in my head, is things I'd like to treat my wife to. The problem is, the list remains a list most of the time. So tonight I did something about it. We're off to see a play in the West End next month that has been on my to-do list for too long.

Go on. Make a list. And then cross something off it. It won't get done otherwise.

No comments: