Thursday 7 December 2006

Changing Seasons

My daughter got married on Saturday. The first of our four children to do so. As events go, that's pretty much a watershed one. it puts me in a new category. I have a son-in-law. I'm a father-in-law. A whole new season of life.

I love living in the UK. The seasons are so clear. No offence to the wonderful people of California, but without a clear change in temperature, how do you know what part of the year you are in?! There's an attractiveness to living in the 'always summer' of LA but actually, I enjoy the cold. I welcome the snow. I love the leaves changing colour.

So for me, it's a new season. I welcome the change and look forward to all the different colours of life that are coming my way. Grandchildren? I've told them I'm far too young!

No comments: