Monday 18 December 2006

Belonging

I'm just off the back of an amazing weekend. We had 6 services over 3 days at our church as we opened the new building and celebrated Christmas at the same time- you can see the new building on www.pcc-uk.org

We had about 4750 people through the doors over the weekend, so quite an event. I enjoyed being in the choir. Hard to tell what it sounded like 'out there' but from the stage, it sounded good!

This weekend also saw the winner of X Factor in the UK. I predict a long and successful career for Leona Lewis- not something that could be said for many of the past winners! She has an incredible voice.

None of the choir members could match Leona's voice, I'm sure. But together, I think the sound we made would easily rival, if not excel anything on X Factor. There's a strength in harmony. There's a power in voices together. Paul, when he is writing to the church in Corinth, talks about how we need each other. An eye can't live on its own; it needs a head. The foot needs the rest of the body to function, etc. So, we need each other. And when we work together- what harmony, what belonging.

It's lonely out there. I'm glad I belong.

No comments: