Monday 5 May 2008

Dear Gordon

Dear Gordon

I don't quite know how you have managed to do this, but in a few short months you appear to have made the Labour Party unelectable. I'm not sure it's any one thing- maybe a lack of style, lots of hesitation, a few gaffes such as the 10p tax rate....

I've been a labour supporter (with a few years over at the SDP) throughout my life but maybe- just maybe- I'm going to have to vote Tory next time. I don't think the Tories are being particularly clever though, other than keeping quiet and watching you fall lower in the ratings.

If you want to win the next election- a bit of a long shot after having seen the local election results- you will need a far more commanding manner in parliament and with the press. Iraq aside, I think your inability to lead is showing how good Tony Blair was- and maybe we now know why he hesitated so long in handing over the reins.

Yours sincerely......

No comments: