Thursday 30 March 2023

REVIVAL IN LEICESTER (19) - THE ROLLING HOLY SPIRIT

As a writer, I’d hope to come up with a better description than ‘rolling’, but I think it’s the best I can do…. We have a ‘rolling’ Holy Spirit!

Let me explain what I mean….

 

I’ve noticed it a few times now, but it was most obvious at our Revival Prayer meeting on Tuesday night. The presence of the Holy Spirit was such that the majority of us were on the floor, weighed down by the Spirit’s presence. But I got up and sat down for a while – which meant I was able to observe what then happened.

Starting at the far side of the auditorium, the Holy Spirit started to roll over the people. On the far side, many began to groan in the Spirit, others cried out, some shook, or rolled on the floor. And as I watched, I saw the Holy Spirit move over the congregation. From the far side to the middle. From the middle to the near side. Each time, the effect of the Spirit was for those feeling God’s presence to cry out, groan, laugh or shake.

And then I observed the same thing happen in reverse. The Holy Spirit began to move over the room from the near side to the far side with a repeat of the effects.

Something similar is recorded in the Charles Finney meetings of the mid-1800s. And earlier still in the Methodist Circuit Revivals in ‘Wild West’ America. Here’s a quote from an onlooker at the 1801 Cane Ridge Revival:

At one time I saw at least 500 swept down in a moment, as if a battery of a thousand guns had been opened upon them, and there immediately followed shrieks and shouts that rent the very heavens.

I love that we are experiencing revival. Many healings. Many salvations – 80 or so in the last two months in our meetings alone.

A dear friend who was part of the Pensacola revival in the mid-1990s commented that what she is witnessing at Leicester is the first time she has seen a Holy Spirit move in a similar way to Pensacola in the 25+ years she has been in the UK.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I continue to be encouraged by what is happening among you at Chroma Ralph! - blessings... Andrew.

Karen said...

It was amazing. There was a stronger Holy Spirit presence this Tuesday at least for me.
I am not a writer, I’ve tried to put words to what I experienced but I can’t, I just taste and see that He is good.
The last few songs were about Gods love, I got to my car, and on the floor was a pack of love hearts 😂 Strange as they were not there when I’d left my car and I’d not had any love hearts in my car. Strange I know but the words on the 2 love hearts I eat were so sweet
Bless Him 💛👑🔥

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. We were born for such a time as this. Thankyou Lord

izzi said...

Enjoyed reading the article above, the article is very interesting and informative. Thank you and good luck with the upcoming articles.
ctos score
personal loan malaysia
credit score malaysia
akpk malaysia