Tuesday 2 February 2016

Six Things I Hate About Facebook

Well, hate’s a bit strong really. Maybe ‘dislike’ is better.

1. Games. Please- don’t ask! No, I’m not going to build an imaginary farm, join pretty shapes in a row or shoot anybody. I don’t like guns. And I’ve got games thanks. Risk. Trivial Pursuit. Ever played Mexican Train Dominoes? Come on over.

2. Emotional threats. It reads like a caring Facebook post. And then it changes. You get to the bit that says ‘I bet nobody really cares’. Or ‘I will know who really cares if you reply to this’ or ‘I bet I can guess what few friends reply to this’. Or ‘if you post a message you are one of the few who care’. And so on. I don’t respond to emotional threats. Neither should you.

3. Avoiding commas and apostrophes. What have they done to offend people? They’re needed. Especially with “You’re” and “Your”. It annoys me. As someone recently posted, commas are essential and can save lives:

- Let’s eat Grandma ...or perhaps...
- Let’s eat, Grandma

4. Facebook posts that can go on too long. Oops.

5. Cats. Why? I mean, why?! So many of them. Facebook is being taken over by cats! I love stories about you. The funny things. The family things. The holidays. The beautiful photos. The not so beautiful photos. I love celebrating with you. And it’s a privilege to pray for you in the hard times. But cats?! Please- no more!

6. Public unfriending. Why announce it? Just do it. I’m grateful I’m your friend. I don’t need to know you’ve unfriended everyone else. And if you were to ever unfriend me, I might just have to come over and shoot your cat.

Taken from my Facebook page.

No comments: