Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Power of Forgiveness


Maureen Greaves talks of forgiveness in this amazing radio interview:
On Christmas Eve, her husband Alan was murdered by two young men. Here she tells of her forgiveness towards them:
“I see them as two people who have done a terrible evil….. but they are made in God’s image and were living a life they were never meant to live.”
“I place them into God’s hands….. forgiveness is a strong commandment.”
“It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done…. To place them into God’s hands, so I don’t have to hate them or have any unforgiveness of them.”
“If Alan could have spoken to me for the last time, he would have said ‘forgive them…. Don’t give yourself permission to act like that [unforgiving]’”
“Every time I go past the spot of the murder, I pray for someone. And on Christmas Eve I will mourn Alan and pray for his attackers.”
“We [the family] don’t want to live in a grief that traps us…. I will live.”

No comments: