Saturday 1 September 2007

Odd Moment (2)

I travel to and from London regularly, and use the Great North Eastern Railway (GNER) to do so. Their announcements as you get on the train at Kings Cross are about the most unwelcome ever invented. Below is the announcement as I remember it, and I've put in brackets what I think they are saying.....

"This is the 6.20 to Leeds, calling at Peterborough, Newark, .... If you have a Hull Trains or First Capital Connect ticket, they are not valid on this train (Get off my train!). If you have a Saver Return or outward portion of a Business Return, they are not valid on this train. (Get off my train, really!). If you have an Apex, Daypex (Any other Pex!) these tickets are only valid for the train as printed on your ticket. (I don't want anyone on this train!).

If you have not got the right ticket, you should leave the train now or you will be charged the standard open single fare (This is how we make our money). "

Really, that's just how it comes across! You are made to feel so unwelcome! You would have thought that in our age of communication, someone would have taught them how to treat their customers. Anyway; odd.... and slightly annoying!

No comments: