Thursday 8 February 2007

India

It's snowing as I write this. A good couple of inches I think. Amazing that in just over 24 hours, I will be on a plane for India. The weather contrast will be quite something.

The other contrast is the poverty. India attacks your senses- blaring car horns, 'interesting' smells and everywhere, poverty in front of your eyes. Compared to what I have seen in the villages of Andhra Pradesh, every single person in the UK has more than them.

I'm out there doing some church and charity work, taking a team with me. For those that have not been before, it will be a life-changing moment. We know we live in the richest 10% or so of the world here in the UK, but until we experience what the majority of the world is like, it is hard to comprehend the difference.

There aren't any mountains in the area of India that I visit, but I will be climbing quite a few.

No comments: